Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holding Hands...again

I miss a lot of things about being in a relationship, but most of all I miss holding hands. I talked about this before and everything I said then still applies. I know I've blathered on about Matt quite a bit, but I'm still missing him a lot and then I saw this on my roommate's blog:

Have you ever wondered how two hands can fit so perfectly? Every line, every bone, every small detail flawlessly matched. I have. I wonder every day how holding your hand would make me feel complete. I don’t think you’ve noticed, but late at night, when we walk down the streets, I would secretly sneak my hand next to yours, so they can accidentally touch as we speak. And I would always hope that you would take it and hold it in yours, so we could see life hand in hand. And tonight you did. You held my hand in the softest of ways, our fingers clinging gently to each other’s heart. We were growing happiness between our thumbs as our skin lines came together like jigsaw pieces. You looked at me and smiled with that crooked smile of yours which makes you so special to me. I smiled back, and put my head on your shoulder. Have you ever wondered why we fall in love? I have. I wonder every day. 

This is the way I always felt holding hands with Matt, like our hands were two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly. (I should clarify, in case you haven't read the past posts, Matt and I never dated, he's my gay best friend; which I think is something every girl needs at some point in her life haha) We always say that we'll know we've found The One when holding hands with someone else feels as right as it does with each other. 
So there's some beautiful writing to digest :) Have happy thoughts of love this weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. holding hands is still wonderful even after you're married. :) gosh, i love my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)I'm glad to know the feeling never fades

    ReplyDelete

Followers