Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Christmas Time!!

I love Christmas. Probably not as much or for the same reasons as many people, but it is a wonderful holiday. Last night my sister and I got to wrap presents for her 8 year old daughter, my beautiful niece, and it was so fun to get to play Santa :) She was so excited to see all the presents under their tree and she's been trying all day to guess what each one is. It's so wonderful to share the magic of Christmas with a child...there's a kind of magic just in the sparkle of her eyes.

Of course, Christmas isn't really about magic or Santa or the presents under the tree. It's really about the birth of our Savior and a time when the whole world seems to remember, for just a moment, that we're all connected, that we all, in our hearts, want peace and joy for all mankind. It's a time when, no matter your religion, no matter where you live, you are one with each person on the planet in celebrating our opportunity to be alive and our connection to a higher power who loves us.

People are kinder, more willing to give of themselves, and family is the center of everyone's focus. It should be that way all the time, but since it's not, it's nice to enjoy the feeling during the Christmas season. I love my family so much, and I can't imagine being without them at Christmas time. I love the lights, the smell of the tree, the giggles of the little ones...   Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers