Thursday, December 16, 2010

Trees

If you remember, I love trees, and I seem to have an unusual sensitivity/affinity for them. (The evidence is also in the picture dominating the upper portion of this page.) Somehow, they speak to me, to a place deep inside me where the vibrations of creation still linger from a time when we were one with the things of the earth. The following is a poem I wrote about wanting to be a tree.



Grow


I want to be
A tree

Just stand in one place and 
Shoot roots into the ground

My brown hair grow
Thick, climbing, twisting

Close my eyes and 
Awake a tall, strong oak

Or a wispy, whispering
Weeping willow

Feel the water soaking, seeping
Deep into my waiting veins

Furl out leaves of
Velvet silver

Breathe with the breeze
Sigh with the wind

Live
Grow

1 comment:

  1. How would it be to be a tree, indeed? To live for ages, and to witness so many things come and go. To have sap instead of blood, and to live life at a glacial pace. Trees are rather amazing lifeforms.

    ReplyDelete

Followers