Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Let Love In

I think sometimes people are afraid to love. It's a place we're vulnerable, a place full of land mines daring us to step on them. But it's a place we all must go at some point or we risk becoming cold and shut off from the rest of the world. In the words of Leonardo da Vinci: "A life without love is no life at all." I know I'm guilty of the fear of love. The minute someone gets close, I get skeptical, wondering if it's real, if I'm ready to risk my heart yet again, if I'm strong enough to trust him. But once I let love in, I'm in for the long haul. I'm a person who loves sincerely and deeply. I put roots in every relationship, and if the relationship gets uprooted, it hurts badly. But it also makes for some beautiful trees in my life. I don't believe in doing anything half-heartedly.

So even though it's dangerous, I'm willing to be vulnerable. I'm willing to let love in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you here... Love can be dangerous, but there's nothing in the world more worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers