Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dancing Joys

I go to a salsa dancing club that meets every Tuesday up at the school and I have now been asked out twice since going there by complete strangers! That has never happened. EVER. In my life. Until now!! I don't know what it is about going there, but I must be sexy when I'm dancing ;)

I started going to the group because I miss salsa dancing soooo much. I competed in it for 3 years in high school with my best friend Matt, who I've mentioned before. He and I were all kinds of hot and fabulous when we danced, and dancing with him is what made me decide that I wanted to be a dance therapist. Matt and I learned so much from each other, both on the dance floor and off. We became best friends, and I really don't think that friendship will ever go away, it only keeps getting better! Dancing at the salsa club makes me miss dancing with him so much...I feel the lack of his presence very sharply right now since I got to see him over Thanksgiving, and now the pain of being separated is fresh again. So I'm letting myself mope a little tonight. Here's a few pictures of us :)





Matt is the standard my future husband is going to have to live up to. I'd marry Matt, but he's gay and Catholic haha. But other than that, we're more than perfect for each other. He's perfect just the way he is, and I wouldn't want him or our relationship to be any different. My whole family loves him and he's the best friend I could ever ask for. Good luck future husband!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Smee, this is such an awesome post! You know I love Matt, and I am thrilled to see those beautiful pictures of you two — I love what you wrote about him and how that relationship has influenced your decision to pursue dance therapy.

    Of course, you ARE fabulously hot when you dance, and that is only one reason for the attraction of the salsa night guys! :)

    I love the dancing photos alongside your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beck :) I really enjoy making a fuss over him a little. I'm glad you like the pictures, they're some of my favorites. The date went really well by the way! I'll call you and tell you about it sometime this week. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers