Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Trying New Things

Last Saturday I tried Bikram yoga for the first time. Remember the beautiful Linsey? She's been doing Bikram since April and has been telling me about it for months! She goes almost every day, and I told her I wanted to come sometime, so Saturday ended up being the day. Bikram yoga is different from regular yoga because you're in a room that's about 105 degrees, so you start sweating before you even move. The poses are slow and beautiful, and by the end you've been stretched and strengthened wonderfully. A lot of people with joint or muscle problems do this type of yoga because the heat helps your muscles loosen and over time it helps your flexibility and strength. This was one of my favorite poses:



You can kind of see here how the class is set up, though there weren't that many people the day I went. It was a really neat experience, and I'm excited to go again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE BIKRAM YOGA! Where is this at and how much does it cost? Sign me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you did Bikram Brooke!! I started at the one in Sugar House and they have a 10 day starter deal for $20 where you can go as much as you want in those 10 consecutive days. They have really good prices and convenient times. So even though it's kind of far to go, it's really good. The friend I go with usually goes to the place in Sandy, which is closer, and she likes that place a lot. We should go together sometime!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers