Friday, October 14, 2011

Paris


I'm doing Friday Feelings instead of Thursday Thoughts today, since yesterday turned into a super crazy day. I've been thinking a lot about Paris lately, being captured by these beautiful photographs I've been coming across. I've had this intense urge to run away to a big city like San Francisco or Paris, get a little apartment with huge windows and wood floors where I can wake up whenever I want, languish in the sunlight, paint, write, and generally revel in the art of my own soul. I want some time to take for myself, to not have to worry about living with anyone else or being responsible for anything or anyone but me. 


I know it's an unrealistic fantasy, but it's nice to dream. Work and school have been good, but it's been really overwhelming the last couple weeks, and next week's gonna be even worse. I would give anything to just get away for 6 months or so and embrace my inner artist. 


I've been really grateful this week for my girl friends. I had a lovely girl date with my coworker Heather tonight, and I get another one tomorrow with the beautiful Linsey. I got some slammin' earrings and a beautiful sweater that will keep me cozy as fall truly sets in. In the meantime I'll keep dreaming about Paris...


2 comments:

  1. Kimber, I LOVE this!! It's so great to live in your passion — "going" there in your dreams and thoughts is very powerful, and it is a fantastic way to focus on and explore your energy. I cannot get over how freaking awesome you are!!!! :) Love Roo :)
    p.s. I read this fun article the other day about getting lost in Paris:
    http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/10/09/travel/lost-in-paris.html?emc=eta1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support of my creativity, it makes me feel so appreciated and seen. Also, I LOVED the article about getting lost in Paris. The writing was beautiful, he painted such an incredible, intimate picture of the inner workings of Paris, it really made me want to go there tomorrow! Love you, love you my beautiful skinny sister :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers