Monday, October 24, 2011

In Wonderland

I just love October. I love that it's sunny yet cool, and I get to pull out all my beautiful sweaters and scarves. I have a habit of collecting scarves and sweaters throughout the year, and it makes me so happy when fall finally comes and I can wear them all :) I love the riot of color that erupts all over campus and across the mountains, it makes the whole place feel like the golden enchanted forest from The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I have had such a beautiful day wandering around campus between classes, breathing in the general splendor. 

Speaking of breathing, we had such a fun Contemporary class today! We started and ended the class with some quiet meditation, breathing, and solo exploration of movement, and for the majority of class we did group or partner improvisation, which was so cool! I worked with my friend Kate for the partnered segment, and boy did we create something beautiful. The first part of the exercise was to mirror each other, taking turns with who was leading. Then we got to touch, keeping contact as we moved around and with each other, experimenting with weight and shift and trust, exploring each other's bodies and how they moved together. It's been so long since I've done that exercise with someone, and it was so fun to do it with someone like Kate who is so beautiful and we were able to move so fluidly together. There were even moments when we breathed exactly together. It was so fun. 

When I found this picture, I saved it as Alice In Wonderland. I love the movement of her autumn hair and the fairy tale feel of the scene. It seemed like the perfect fall picture to capture the beauty of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers