Monday, November 21, 2011

20 Questions

About a week ago there was a "Win a Date" challenge on a blog I follow called the Anti-Austin, written by some clever Provo girls who chronicle their dating experiences here at BYU (it sounds super corny, but it's actually really well written and SO true! I love knowing I'm not the only one struggling with BYU boys.) So the challenge was to answer the following 20 questions then send them to the email of the guy, who then had to pick his date for the Murder Mystery Dinner the school was putting on. I was intrigued and really liked the questions so I filled them out as cleverly as I could then submitted them! Sadly, I did not win the date, but it was a fun exercise and I thought I'd share my answers with you!

Describe your perfect date in 15 words or less:
A night out with a real gentleman with something to say and ears to listen.

Cat person or dog person?
Neither.

Least favorite movie genre?
Horror.

Second favorite book?
Beauty by Robin McKinley

Dessert of choice?
Anything made with love J

Favorite season?
Fall.

Favorite activity to do in aforementioned season?
Either walk or ride my bike through old neighborhoods looking for cool houses.

What kind of music do you listen to?
Anything from Indi to Top 40, excluding Screamo, Techno, and vulgar rap.

Are you more of a city person or a country person?
I’m an odd mix of both. I feel really comfortable in the city, like I’m surrounded yet alone. But I love the country—I feel like my simplest self there.

If you could have lunch with any person from past or present, who would it be and what would you order?
I would have lunch with C.S. Lewis and I would order butternut squash soup.

What are three things that set you apart/make you different from the rest of the girls in Provo?
1)   I’m not blonde. 2) I don’t take myself too seriously. 
3) I’m a very good communicator.

Are you a clever person? i.e. if I take you to the murder mystery dinner, will you be a useful addition to my mystery-solving team?
Not to toot my own horn, but I’m actually quite good at solving mysteries J But I really enjoy being surprised by an ending or an unanticipated twist.

What are you most passionate about?
Dance.

What is your favorite scripture and why?
My favorite scripture is James 4:10, which reads: Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He shall lift you up. It’s my favorite because it’s short enough to easily remember and I associate it with that picture of Christ holding a little boy and reaching down into a rushing river to lift up a little girl. It was on a Mormon Ad once and it said “Reach up. Let him lift you.” That’s always stuck with me; that all I need to do is reach up, he’s right there waiting.

If you were granted three wishes what would they be?
1)   To have enough money to spend about 6 months Paris and 6 months in Rome, just eating, wandering, and generally languishing in pleasure.
2)   To cure the diseases that keep women from being able to have children—that is one of the saddest things in the whole world.
3)   That my parents would be able to retire and not worry about having to support any of their 7 children.

What is the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
I took a road trip to California this summer with 3 other people (2 of which I had never met before) without telling anyone I was going. It was the best decision I ever made.

What makes you laugh?
Babies. My best friends. Bad acting. The show Modern Family. Myself.

What is the silliest-sounding word you know?
Infandubulaform (it means funnel-shaped)

If a movie was made of your life, the soundtrack would consist mainly of songs by: The Beatles

Height?
5’8”



2 comments:

  1. Love this, Kimber! I learned a lot about you, and I can tell you had fun with it! I really love your scripture and your "city or country" answer.

    I think "excluding" may have been too big a word to be comprehended on your music answer. :)

    C.S. Lewis is my answer to those types of questions, too—it's fun to see that many of my answers would have been the same. :) I don't have your big vocabulary though, infandubulaform!

    I would want to date you, Smee — you are absolutely marvelous.

    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you liked getting to know a little more about me and discovering a few more of the things we have in common :) Excluding isn't that big of a word is it? haha. And I'm pretty sure you're vocabulary could kick mine in the butt any day ;)

    I'd date me too, I think I'm pretty hot stuff!

    love love love

    ReplyDelete

Followers