Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Well, I asked for rain, and I sure got it :) The weather the last few days has been so perfect. I have loved walking to class in the light rain, feeling it mist on my skin.

Yesterday we had Stake Conference for our church and one of the speakers was talking about ways to increase our capacity to love. He gave the following suggestions: to serve, to affirm, and to verbalize. I loved that he emphasized that it's important to continually increase our capacity to love, because if we are constantly reminding ourselves to think about other people, we have more meaningful experiences with people. I've been asking for more love in my life, and I've been getting it in unexpected places. I still haven't gotten it in the place I've specifically asked for it (ahem, boyfriend please!!) but I am happy nonetheless.

Not much else to say at the moment...and it's absurdly late, but I felt so bad about not blogging. So long, farewell, I bid you all goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers