Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Smashing Success

So last night I had my house warming party and I was so happy that people actually came! It was funny, I invited a bunch of people, including girls, but only 1 girl came (the beautiful Linsey) and all the rest were boys: my brother, my cousin and his roommate, Linsey's friend Greg, Blues Guy (ok, I might as well tell you his name. It's Nathan.) and my friend Kurt (who I went on a date with on Monday night--super fun.) I had scrubbed my whole kitchen and the bathroom, so I was feeling pretty good about having everyone in my new clean space, and I had cookies and hot chocolate spread out on the kitchen table. I felt like quite the little homemaker haha, especially because I've never thrown a party all by myself before!

Everyone loved the house and we just sat around laughing and talking for about 2 hours until Kurt had to leave, and then almost everyone else left too. Everyone... except Nathan. We ended up watching a movie, and we cuddled for maybe the last hour, which felt very comfortable and nice. As the credits were rolling, I could tell he wanted to kiss me but that he was having some kind of internal conflict about it. I got him to talk to me about it and we decided that nothing was official or serious, but that we definitely liked each other and were willing to see where things went. And then...he kissed me :) Can I just tell you, it was bliss. I realized that it's been over 2 years since I've kissed someone for the first time, and I was a little nervous because I'd gotten so used to the way I kissed people I'd known/been kissing for a long time, but he told me I was doing just fine :) He was the perfect mix between sweet/tender, passionate, yet respectful; he was such a gentleman. 

We just giggled and sighed our way through the next couple hours until it was way too late and I knew I'd be dead at work in the morning if I didn't go to bed right then. So we had a lovely long hug at the door and he kissed me very sweetly goodnight. I'm lucky I slept at all, I was so full of giddy butterflies, but I did manage to sleep and I have been on Cloud 9 all morning! It just felt so good to finally be close to someone. It has been such an unbelievably long time!

This song pretty much sums up my mood for today:

2 comments:

  1. Kimber! I've been in Boulder all day, and therefore didn't get to skype you...but I hope that this is what you wanted to skype about! This is the blog post you have deserved to write for such a long time now, I'm so glad I get to read it! Yay Nathan! Can't wait to hear more about him sister :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I wanted to skype you about!! You're right, I've been waiting to write a post like this for SUCH a long time, and now it's finally here. I can't wait to talk to you and hear all about John and tell you all the gory details :) Love you sister!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers