Sunday, December 18, 2011

Brand Spankin' New!

So....guess what? I'm all moved into my new house!! I spent yesterday afternoon on my hands and knees scrubbing and getting to know my wood floor and doing a smidge of decorating. The day was sunny and my room has two big windows so I just soaked in the sunlight while I worked and listened to rockin' music. It was a pretty great afternoon. Then I went to the Nutcracker with my sister and her daughter who is 9, so for her it was just magical, which made it magical for us too.

I finished moving today with the help of Blues Guy (from last post) and let me tell you, he just gets better and better :) He was so nice to offer to help me finish moving and do all the big manly lifting for me. He came from church so he was wearing his nice clothes, which included a vest and some very well-cut pants--umm yes. So attractive. We got to sit on the couch and just talk for a good long while in the afternoon, and it was so nice to be still and just be together. In the spirit of keeping you posted, you should know that he has been officially invited to my house warming party on Tuesday, so if he actually comes then he'll meet most of my good friends here in Provo and they'll be able to give him the once-over. Obviously things are going well, and I sincerely hope they continue to do so.

You are joining me now with my first cup of strawberry/vanilla tea in my new room, which has been mostly unpacked, with Norah Jones playing softly and a very tired but contented Kimber. Welcome home :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for spending the magical evening with us on Saturday, it was perfect! :)

    I'm celebrating your house-warming from afar, Smee — thank you for sharing your lovely description of everything! I hope your party was awesome last night!

    Your picture of the tea is amazing as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beck!! The Nutcracker really was wonderful, there's no one I would have rather gone with than you two. Thank you for always loving my pictures, I love finding just the right one!

    I can't wait to tell you all about the party!

    ReplyDelete

Followers