Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday Thoughts (Blues Dancing)


I went blues dancing for the first time tonight, and can I just say...best dance I've ever tried. It's got all the sensuality of Latin dancing and all the style and freedom of swing, which basically makes it the best mix ever! I went with 3 of my really good friends and we pretty much tore it up. Highlight of my night: there was a kind of bigger guy dressed in a three piece suit, pocket square and everything, who was THE best dancer I have EVER danced with. He was an incredible lead and could dip like nobody's business. I'm kind of in love with that suit guy :) 

I'm sort of having a crisis about what other people think of me today, and I'm not really sure what it's about, but I'm hoping it goes away soon. I don't remember if I blogged about this before, but I have this problem where if I get ahold of something good, I can never manage to hold onto it. I'll feel like things are going really well and it's all good, then suddenly I'm blindsided when I find out I'm not the right one or it's not the right time. I don't know if there's anything different I should do/should have done, but so far nothing sticks. It's incredibly disheartening, but I'm hoping 100th time's the charm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers