Sunday, September 25, 2011

Birds...and Longing...

I've kind of always associated birds with longing. A longing for things that are far away, places I may soon migrate to. A longing for solidarity, loyalty, freedom. A longing for the ability to fly away from my life when it's a mess, to see things from a broader perspective. 


I've been single for two years now, and I've been longing for quite some time to find some kind of relationship. But I realized today that my life is full of so many rich relationships, with boys and girls alike. I have been so blessed to have friends (particularly guy friends) who see me for who I really am, accept and love me deeply and sincerely. There is one boy in particular that I'm hoping to see things develop with, but even if nothing happens, I'm so thankful to have learned to see all the different ways I am filled with support and love. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the "something happening" scenario :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers