Monday, September 12, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes I miss my long hair.


I miss the way it felt blowing around me as I walked around campus in the wind. I miss being able to pull it into a ponytail on the days I don't have time shower (like today). I miss all the pretty braids and twists I could do with it. I miss being able to splay it all across my pillow and pretend someone was taking a glamorous picture of me. Now. All that being said, I can't wait to cut my hair again!! haha I'm kind of a spaz.

Sometimes I miss Taylor.


I miss watching his hands caress the keys of his slightly-out-of-tune piano while sunlight filtered through the big windows of his music room. I miss the way he told me I was beautiful. No one could say it like him. I miss his calls at 2 in the morning that would last so long we could watch the sun come up together. I miss being able to talk to someone so easily. Now. All that being said, it's nice to still be friends, even after all this time and distance and struggle. 

Sometimes I miss Matt. 


I miss being held so tightly I thought all the life was going to be squeezed out of me. I miss his strong hands; how they felt in mine, how they led me so easily across the dance floor, how he was constantly using them to serve other people. I miss having a best friend who didn't expect me to be anything I wasn't. Now. All that being said, I couldn't be happier for him that he is in college in Wyoming and discovering this new phase of his life. But I wish more than anything that he were right here with me. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, you have saved me from cutting my hair. At least for a little while. I want short hair again but it has taken me SO long to get it long, i know i'll regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm glad I could help :) You can have long, gorgeous hair for both of us! Your hair really is so pretty! I've always been jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures you chose, Kimber, and how you've juxtaposed what you miss with your celebration of things as they are — feeling that longing and that acceptance at the same time.

    Isn't it wonderful to be rich in friends and experiences and family and love? I'm so glad that my Smee is close by!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for appreciating my juxtapositions, I spent a lot of time finding exactly the right words to express how I felt. And I'm super stoked about each of the pictures; I found this really sweet website where I can find cool pictures that are exactly what I want.

    I love having you here on my blog, it makes me feel so loved. All my love and support to you my sassy, skinny sister :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers