Saturday, May 14, 2011

Reflections on my 18th Year

Today is my last day of being 18!! Like I said in my last post, I've never really felt 18, so it's kind of weird to think that I'm turning 19, but I'm really looking forward to the coming year! So here are some highlights from the year I was 18:

1) Prom with Matt :) He asked me to be his date on my 18th birthday by writing on all the mirrors of the school dance room "Prom?" and "I love you" and other cute things :) it was the best birthday present ever!

2) Graduation! I finally got done with high school and was on to bigger and better things, aka BYU!! Here's one of my favorite senior pictures. 

3) Halloween in August party with all my best friends since we wouldn't be together for actual Halloween in October.

That's all I really have pictures of haha. But being 18 was pretty freaking awesome! I was single the whole time I was 18, which is pretty weird to think about, but I somehow survived it. Maybe there's summer love in store for me this year ;) I moved out, did a whole year of college, got my first job, bought my own bike....it's definitely been a year of accomplishment. 

Today was a super amazing day: I looked really pretty, my amazing boss Curtis baked me the most amazing cake I've ever seen! If he puts a picture of it on his baking blog, I'll be sure to put it up here too, but man it was gorgeous. It was round and pink, made of strawberry cake with real strawberry chunks in it, covered with this frosting that tasted like creamy strawberry ice cream--talk about heavenly. And the whole thing was topped with cut strawberries fanned out all over the top. It made me feel so celebrated and like a princess :) The kids at my second job up in records made me a really nice card and decorated my cubical! And my best friend Meg came down to have lunch with me. So the work day was awesome. Then my sister came down to Provo unexpectedly so that was a nice surprise to see her for a bit, then I had a date! I went salsa dancing with my friend Angel, who is the hottest Mexican you've ever seen!! And he's an incredible dancer. Having just gotten out of the shower to wash all the dance sweat away, I am sleepy but very contented. It has been the best Friday ever, and tomorrow promises to be an amazing 19th birthday!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers