Friday, May 6, 2011

Last Night's Adventure


Last night I got to go Salsa dancing with my good friend Paul. We competed in the Foreign Language Competition my sophomore year and won State, which was pretty awesome :) We went to Salsa Chocolate (pronounced with a Spanish accent) which is one of my favorite places to go dancing; it's a good price with a vibratory atmosphere, and most of the guys aren't creepers--key word being most. I have had a couple of interesting encounters, but all in all, a really fun Latin crowd. The only consistently awkward moments come when the short guys ask me to dance....poor suckers. I mean, I give them props for being brave enough to ask me to dance even though I'm a good foot taller than them, but the whole me-being-the-taller-one thing makes the guys'-eye-level thing more than a little awkward. hahahaha oh the joys of being tall among small Latinos. 

The really great thing about having gone there so much is that I'm now developing a friend base that I see there pretty consistently. I was laughing to myself as guy after guy came up to hug me and kiss my cheeks then take me out for a dance as Paul stood there pleasantly perplexed. We had come together with the understanding that I was going to dance with other people, but I hadn't realized until then just how many people I knew! Thankfully Paul is not the jealous or easily offended type so he did fine asking other girls to dance or just watching and learning. I think we both had an awesome time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers