Wednesday, July 6, 2011

This Time Tomorrow

This time tomorrow I'll have a new haircut and be on my way to the sunny state of California :) Can you say awesome?!?! I'm super stoked. I'm also incredibly stoked that I only had to work 2 days this week thanks to the 4th of July giving me Monday off. Oh how I love holidays and spontaneous vacations!

Speaking of the 4th, let me just tell you, I had a fabulous weekend. I got to go to Lagoon on Saturday for the first time since I was a little tyke which means I got to ride all the big scary rides I was afraid of when I was little! I went with my friend Alex from work, which was perfect since both of us are fearless when it comes to roller coasters and fun! We met up with my oldest sister and her 9 year old daughter, who was so excited to be back at "Goolagoon!" The sun was blazing for the first couple hours, but as it went down, it was the perfect temperature to be playing outside. Alex and I went back to Provo that night since I had to teach Sunday school the next day, and we got a free fireworks show all the way back down the freeway from the people celebrating the legalization of the big sky fireworks.


Sunday I bused/Traxed myself back to Salt Lake and spent that day and Monday with my oldest sister (the one I was at Lagoon with). We stayed up later than I care to admit, laughing and crying and just having a deep sister heart-to-heart. She is the best :) On Monday we dyed her hair dark brown and bought/lit some ground fireworks in the driveway. Then we went back to the little town where I was born to watch the annual firework show over the neighborhood. It was so beautiful and so fun to be back in that familiar corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers