Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday Thoughts

On a lot of the other blogs I've been reading lately I've noticed they do something like "Special Saturday" or "Terrific Tuesday" that they do regularly every week. So I thought I would give "Thursday Thoughts" a try.

This past week I've been thinking about what it means to be the exception to the rule. I've noticed in talking with guys about dating/girls' typical behavior that I don't do hardly any of the "typical" things that other girls do, which never fails to make me frustrated with the things the girls in the world do to give the rest of us (me!) a bad name. I never play 'the game' of trying to be something I'm not. I'm very open and honest, and I say exactly what I think. It's a vulnerable way to be with people, but I find I have much more meaningful conversations and relationships with people that way. I watch my roommates go through life flirting with every single guy they lay eyes on and they're all giggles and big eyes...and I just shake my head with a very puzzled expression on my face, wondering a) how guys can be attracted to that kind of silly behavior and b) if girls like that know what it feels like to have someone know you for just you, not the frilly ditz you put out for them to see. In all honesty, who am I to judge? I know. But I just can't wrap my mind around it. I've come to the realization that I am a very old soul with not very much room to tolerate unnecessary youthful stupidity. Don't get me wrong, I can be silly and fun, but it's in a way that's entirely sincere and me. I guess I need to find a guy who has an older soul like me.

Other thoughts for the week:
1. I need to go out dancing more in what I have left of the summer. I'm just so wiped out after work! But my goal is to get of my lazy bum and get out there.
2. I think I need a more active job. Sitting at a computer 8 hours a day 5 days a week is not conducive to my emotional/mental stimulation and leaves me exhausted. I never thought I'd say this, but I think going back to school will be healthy for me.
3. I need to re-vamp my scripture study habits/read other church works. I need a little more religion in my everyday life.
4 :

2 comments:

  1. #2 AMEN. We should take breaks during work for a walk and some stretching. And maybe an intellectual conversation or two haha. You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we should! It is helpful that we can laugh together and swap boy stories, but it's not quite the same as having some up-and-about time.

    ReplyDelete

Followers