Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Blues

So...it's Monday. Which means I had to go back to work after a truly fantastic weekend that went by much too quickly.

The weekend started a little early with the Harry Potter 7 premier, which was the first midnight showing I've ever been to! It was really fun to people watch at the theatre; my favorite dressed up person was a Gilderoy Lockheart who had printed out small pictures of himself, autographed them, and was handing them out to his "adoring fans" while carrying a homemade copy of Magical Me. Now that was effort! It was a pain to sit around for 3 hours in line (which we found out later we really didn't have to do) but I was with a fun friend and, like I said, the people watching was worth it. I wasn't overly impressed with the movie, but it was definitely better than any of the other movies. It was cool to see how grown up everyone was compared to the first movies, and I thought the production of the film was beautiful. I did cry (and laughed a little listening to all the other people in the theatre sniffle and sob. For real.) Most of the emotion came from remembering how I felt reading certain parts of the book, but the Snape scene made me cry all on its own merit. Overall, well done Harry Potter!

The other highlight of my weekend was seeing one of my very best friends in the whole world who happened to be in town seeing another friend and we got to spend some lovely time together. He's someone who knows me inside and out, can see things so clearly, and really understands who I am very deep down. He tells me often that I know and see him just as well. It's so unbelievably nice to be so comfortable and close with someone, to never have to worry that they're judging you or that you might say something wrong or too personal. I love being so well understood.

It's late now at the end of an entirely uninteresting day, and it's back to the grindstone in the morning. But for now, good night and pleasant dreams :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved your review of Harry Potter, Schmimm! Sounds like you had a blast, you painted a great picture of the whole thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) It really was a hoot and a holler!

    ReplyDelete

Followers