Thursday, November 18, 2010

People Watching

I enjoy catching little glimpses of people's lives as they pass by:
I love seeing old people hold hands :) I always want to cheer for the love story that's lasted so long, especially in a world where so many people are unwilling to get through the yuck to grow old and into love with each other.
I love watching little kids run around and say the funny things they do.
My favorite thing about walking around campus is seeing dads with their little babies while their wives are in class. There is something so tender about a father with his baby...I don't even know how to describe what it is, but it just warms me very deeply every time I see it.
I love seeing people rock out in their cars when they think no one is watching them. I admire that kind of confidence, to just jam to the music and not care who sees you.
It's so sweet to see people run into each other's arms in airports. It's like the whole world is contained in that longed-for embrace...which it is.
I love it when I make eye contact with an attractive guy, both of us look away, then look back again a few seconds later at the same time :) For those few seconds, I've made a connection.
When I'm driving down the freeway, or really any road, it's interesting to try to imagine the lives of the people in the cars around me. Everyone has a story, they're not just bodies running around, which I think is how we think of strangers sometimes--at least I know I've been guilty of that kind of thinking.
I guess that's the point of people watching: to try to understand the parade of humanity passing by...

2 comments:

  1. Smee, I love what you wrote about people watching — that is one of my favorite activities too. There are so many interesting people in the world, I wish I could get to know them all.

    I so much enjoy reading your thoughts here and getting a peek into your lovely, lively, creative brain!

    I love you, beautiful Schmimm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for commenting!! I'm so glad you enjoy reading my thoughts, it's fun to share them. I love knowing someone reads my blog! Love you love you love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers