Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Where Did June Go??

Guys...I leave for Italy in 10 weeks!!! Also, did I mention I'm stopping by Panama for 12 days on my way? I'm so excited! I get to visit Chancy, who, if you remember, is teaching English down there for the foreseeable future. I figured it would be easier to visit on my way to Europe now rather than waiting a couple years and making a whole separate trip. Plus, from the beginning, he has been by far the most supportive and excited about my trip, so it seemed appropriate that he should be the one to see me off :)

The time is flying by, which is wonderful, and aided by the fact that work takes up most of my time. Someone asked me yesterday what I do when I'm not working and the first thing that came to mind was dancing, of course, but beyond that, there's not much else haha. If I'm not working, I'm either dancing, on a train, or sleeping. I have been sneaking in a little reading on my lunch breaks and when I'm riding the train to Provo on the weekends, and that has been a lovely luxury. I like being so busy, though, it really makes the time go quickly. I just finished Life of Pi yesterday, and if you haven't read it or at least seen the movie, I highly recommend both. The extent of human creativity never ceases to amaze me.

Speaking of dancing, my new favorite place to dance is at The Green Pig on Monday nights downtown. The music is live, made up of a hodge-podge of local musicians who bring their instruments and sign up for slots throughout the night, and people who have never even met play incredible, soulful blues as if they've been playing together for years. Here's a great photo from last night's shenanigans:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers