Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Super Belated Birthday Post

I realized I never blogged about my birthday!! That whole month was such a whirlwind (hence, I only blogged once, for Mother's Day) that it didn't even occur to me. But let's fix that...a month late.

My actual birthday was not exactly orthodox, but it was definitely packed and productive. I woke up at 6:30am, which might I point out was the earliest I think I'd woken up all year, and caught the 7:50am train to Salt Lake, where my sister took me around to all the businesses around her house and I handed out resumes like free candy. I was so needing a full time job and wasn't finding one in Provo, so if I found one in Salt Lake, I would take it. (And as we know, those efforts were rewarded with an awesome job!) At 11 I caught a ride back to Provo to do my daily babysitting for the cutest little boy, Henry, who I'd been watching since January for a couple hours a day. Once Henry was gone, I ran to the store to get ingredients for dinner, came home and cooked with my roommate Amy to make a gorgeous birthday feast. We both showered and got ready for the evening and received our dinner guests: Aldo, his girlfriend and my good friend Kristin, and my brother Jared. We enjoyed a lovely omelette, mashed potatoes, green beans, with lemonade and Amy's masterpiece of a triple chocolate cheesecake! It was simply amazing. Then we all went dancing at our local blues/west coast venue and tore up the night.

The following Saturday was my actual party, which was at Keys on Main in Salt Lake, the dueling piano bar. If you haven't been there, you really should go! Those guys were so incredibly talented; the show was engaging from the time they started til well past midnight, it was amazing. Since it was my 21st birthday, it was my first time in a bar and it felt so good to finally be old enough to go out with all my older friends! Also, it being my birthday, the performers got to pull me up on stage and sing a very inappropriate, yet hilarious song to me, much to my friends' delight and my embarrassment. It was fun to sit on the pianos and show off my pretty dress though! My friend Glenn snapped these for me:



So there you have it, the birthday update! It was seriously one of the best birthdays I've ever had. It's so great to be officially an adult and on my way to big, exciting, adult things :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers