Sunday, April 21, 2013

Off Adventuring

Sorry for the hiatus, it's been a crazy crazy month! April always seems to be the time when everything pours in with the rain (and boy has it been raining.) School is finally over, but leading up to that were a few really fun events. Last post I told you about the Festival of Colors, which was amazing, but what I didn't tell you was that later that night Chancy and I went to the BYU Traditions Ball. Somehow we managed to clean up pretty well:


I scored that gorgeous dress for $20 at DI last summer and I was so excited to finally get a chance to wear it! Chancy was the perfect date for this fancy event, he was classy and a perfect gentleman. The live band was incredible and we wowed everybody there with our smooth blues moves, especially to "Fever." Let me tell you, they were jealous of our mad skills ;) 

A couple weeks later was my good friend Hailey's 21st birthday, which was a smashing success! It was a loosely masquerade-themed party, so I painted my eyes all pretty and wore a feather in my hair and feathers in my ears and we had a blast: 


As you may have gathered from the pictures, Chancy and I have been spending quite a bit of time together in the last few weeks, and we've had a really beautiful time. He and I have been best friends for almost a year now (he and his roommate Aldo have been there for me particularly in the last few months, helping me through being in a long distance relationship and just generally being awesome) and shortly after the Traditions Ball we decided we wanted to be more than just friends ;) Unfortunately, our time together has an expiration date of next Monday because he got an opportunity to work in Panama, where he served his mission, so he's taking it with great enthusiasm. Even though it's been short, I couldn't be more thankful for our time together and all the soul-deepening experiences we've shared. He has been there for me in a time when I was vulnerable and needing a lot of healing and love, and he knew just what to do. 

And finally, my summer plans have shifted from moving to California to staying here in Utah for just a few more months. There's a really exciting reason as to why, but I can't tell you just yet....so stay tuned!! Much love :)

2 comments:

  1. I am SO excited you got to wear that dress!! It still looks fantastic on you. What a steal! The Traditions Ball always seemed so fancy to me. I bet you felt like a beautiful blues-dancing princess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah!! I forgot that you were in on the dress adventure :) It was so fun to be a princess for a night!

      Delete

Followers