Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

This year for the 4th of July, I didn't actually get to see any fireworks, but it was still one of the best 4th of July celebrations I've ever had. A group of about 10 of us went up to my friend Griffin's cabin up Provo Canyon, which his great-great grandfather built for his wife way back in the day. It is GORGEOUS! I want my husband to love me enough to build me a cabin someday....I guess we'll see ;)

We took a hike in the twilight hours up to this incredible waterfall:


It wasn't gushing or anything, but it was misty, green, and had such a pleasant sound. I don't know if you can see the couple in the top right hand corner (they're wearing blue and yellow) but I climbed barefoot up to that ledge, and then a little higher to get closer to the water and look back over the valley. It was seriously a view out of Lord of the Rings; it was simply breathtaking. I got covered in mud and it was glorious :) 

Here's the 3 girls after I climbed the falls (me trying not to get mud on Miriam)


And a shot of the front part of our little Fellowship trekking through the greenery:



We spent the rest of the evening eating tin foil dinners, laughing until we cried, watching Juno, snuggling, and having philosophical discussions about super powers, atomic physics, and mid-life crises, just to name a few. We stayed up a little past midnight, cleaned up and drove back down the mountain to our respective homes, spent and full of the beauties of the day :) 

Special thanks to Glen Hinkle for the photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers