Friday, June 28, 2013

I Live a Beautiful Life

I feel like everyone comes to this conclusion several times throughout life: My life is beautiful. I am so incredibly, unfathomably blessed. How can I complain about anything at all when there is such abundant, exquisite experience being had at every turn? That's how I feel today. Sure, there are struggles and minor set backs in my plans from day to day, from week to week, but in the grand scheme of things, everything is turning out exactly right and God is unrolling such a spectacular vista before me that I can't see the edges.

I am so thankful for my job, that it's interesting, pays well, is close to my house, and will serve me in a variety of ways for the rest of my life. I am thankful for my sweet sister who is letting me live with her for the remainder of the summer, at a more than fair price, and who is always willing to do whatever she can to support my social life. I am thankful for my bike, for the buses and trains, and for generous friends who help me get around to my various activities. I am thankful for the sunshine, for good books, and the freedom to enjoy them, to get lost in another world for a little while every day.

In essence, I'm just really happy to be alive and well with plans moving forward for Italy. Happy freaking Friday!!


2 comments:

  1. First of all, I LOVE your new picture at the top! It's awesomely perfect in every way!

    Thank you for sharing the beauty and cheerfulness in your heart — that cheers ME up.

    I'm so glad you feel that way about your job, and me :) and that you're happy in your life!

    I love the way you balance all your hard work with all the things that fulfill you and inspire you. I love to watch you reading your books, playing your guitar, singing to my daughter, and always sprinkling your gentleness over both of us.

    I'm always amazed that you figure out the logistics of transportation so you can hang with your friends and fill yourself up with dancing and express your gorgeous, artistic self. I love seeing your quiet but fierce determination to get to Italy.

    I'm so grateful that we get to have this precious time together. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Beck...that almost made me cry! Thank you for appreciating my writing, and seeing me so clearly. Thank you for loving my blog and always leaving me comments, I love it!

      I'm so glad you feel my love and my gentleness; it is the best gift I know how to give, to show you how much I love you.

      Thank you for all your support and love :) I love you so much!

      Delete

Followers