Monday, January 9, 2012

Breakthrough


I think this is the lesson the universe was trying to teach me for the past two years of my life that have been so lonely. A while ago, I told you about my Peace Garden, where I started learning how to love myself and to let go of the negativity I was getting from other people, and consequently feeding to myself. I have felt so powerless in bringing good relationships into my life and keeping them; I've felt cursed and betrayed by my own desires for closeness and the feeling of being well-liked. But...

....I've had a breakthrough!! This weekend I got asked on 3 dates within 24 hours. Nothing even remotely close to that has EVER happened to me before. I don't know if it was the shift of moving, or just a shift in my energy, but suddenly the guys are breaking down my door. If I'd told myself even a month ago that this would be happening, I never would have believed it. I've already been on 2 of the dates and the other one is on Wednesday, and so far they've been wonderful! Just tonight I got taken to a lovely Japanese restaurant and then to the Nickel-Cade--probably one of the best dates I've been on in the last year (not that there were many to compare it to). 

I have to say, I think I have Nathan to thank for my breakthrough. We had an instant connection, he wasn't afraid to express his immediate interest in me, he wasn't intimidated by my responding interest, he made me feel beautiful and desirable, and he expected nothing. I think I needed that kind of positive reinforcement to break down my remaining walls so that all these other guys would finally see me, right there in front of them, waiting to be noticed. And it freaking worked!! The message from the universe finally came through and I finally stand out in the crowd. 

I just had to share how good I'm feeling :) I hope you're feeling just as awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers