Saturday, January 29, 2011

Re-dyed, Redecorated, Revived

Today I re-dyed my hair so it is all perfect and even and red again :) I couldn't love it more if I tried. It's gotten so long...thinking about cutting it, but not sure if I'm brave enough. But hey, after dying it, I guess I'm brave enough to do anything to it! So that's new.
Also, I've been feeling creative all day (must be the fresh dye going to my head haha) so I went to the bookstore on campus and bought the calendar I've been wanting that was finally on sale!! It's a calendar of John Waterhouse paintings, and he happens to be one of my favorite artists of all time. Here are some paintings of his that you might recognize:



I've been looking for more art to put on my walls since I have a lot more wall space in this apartment, and this calendar was the perfect find!! So I promptly cut it up and have spent the last several hours rearranging the art on my walls. My room is now adorned with beautiful women, lush landscapes, and oriental fans and masks. I love redecorating; it gives a feeling of freshness and change, which is something I really need sometimes. I took down my dance pictures to make room for the Waterhouse paintings, which was kind of a big deal because I've been very attached to those. But I'm seeing it as a new phase for me, that I get to be surrounded by beautifully painted women, all with colorful, intriguing stories. I'm looking for new creative inspiration from these paintings, and I have felt the energy in my room change already.
Everything's new and beautiful :)



1 comment:

  1. You have such a strong sense of yourself, Kimber, — I love the way you support that by gathering things around you that inspire and appeal to you. The paintings are gorgeous, and they reflect your beautiful sense of romance and style.

    ReplyDelete

Followers