Monday, August 19, 2013

Scattered

(Fair Warning: I've been wanting to blog for days, but I've been waiting for my mind to not feel so much like scrambled eggs before I made the attempt, but I guess it's not going to clear up in the super near future. So here are 10 non-cohesive musings from the last little bit on this sunny Monday morning. Good thing you love me, even when I'm in my personal crazy town!)

1. I've been on more dates in the last month than the whole year combined. Or at least that's what it feels like. It's actually making me really frustrated because I'm developing all these beautiful new connections and getting deeper into the souls and hearts of several of my closer friends RIGHT before I'm leaving for almost a year. GAH! I of course wouldn't trade the experiences I'm having for anything, but it's making me really really sad about leaving. But I know I have to go. It's the right thing....but...can I just take all my friends with me??

2. I went to the doctor for the 2nd time in almost 4 years to find out that I have tendinitis in my right wrist. So I'm now sporting an oh-so-fashionable brace and taking steroids for the next couple days to help it get better.

3.  I got my last haircut before I leave!! That's a bit of a scary thought: the next time I get my hair cut, it'll be an Italian wielding the scissors!

4. Forcing myself to go to work these last couple weeks is going to be immensely frustrating :/

5. My family is all going to our favorite summer spot in Idaho this weekend. It'll be the last time we're all together for quite some time, and I'm super stoked! It's called Island Park and it is basically paradise. I really need to remember to take pictures this year.

6. The other thing I'm going to miss the most besides my friends/family is dancing. I've been taking videos over the last couple weeks of me dancing with all my favorite people. It's been so bittersweet.

7. Julie Andrews is my idol. I just want to be her when I grow up.

8. Getting next-to-no sleep is always worth it to spend time with someone who fills me with so much light and peace. (But more sleep would be really great at some point.)

9. I get irrationally excited every time I get a new follower on Pinterest. Why is that so validating?

10. I'm a wee bit twitterpated for the first time in a long time and boy does it feel good, even though I know it has to be short-lived.

Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by and wading through my tangled thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers