Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tangible Distance


I've been thinking about that in-between space--where lips almost meet, the inch where failure becomes success, waiting for the next words, from the leap to hitting the water....that moment of suspension where anything can happen. At the moment, that's what my life feels like. A lot of learning and pushing has happened in the last week, and as we all know, growing is never comfortable. Everything feels stretched and strained and that not-quite-right feeling follows me everywhere. I feel like there's this bubble of clear, flexible glass around me that lets me see and hear but not touch anything. Even being held feels disconnected, and that's what makes the distance tangible.

2 comments:

  1. This was beautifully poignant, I was touched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...it was the only way I knew to get it out

      Delete

Followers